Saturday, June 30, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9

After reviewing all of the search tools for finding feeds, I decided I liked Feedster the best. Probably because it was the simplest format. I am finding that there is so much layering and small tidbits of information packed into these tool sites. I also read Jenny Levines "The Shifted Librarian" and one of her statements is so true. She talked about how information is now coming to us - instead of us going out to find information. I need to get on board with this trend. Part of the trend is to handle or process this onslaught of information.

Was also able to subscribe to the Merlin feeds.

1 comment:

James said...

the funny thing with the finding feeds exercise is that there's no clear winner. each person likes a different site for a different reason. i guess that's why they can all say relevant because they each offer the same info but present it/search it in a little different way.