Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 2, Thing 3 - Set Up Your Own Blog

My thoughts on the 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners:

It reinforces the fact that not all learning is done in a formal "school" setting, nor does all learning occur only during "school age" years in a person's lifetime. It was refreshing to read that learning can be associated with playing and actually enjoying the learning process. Too many of us (including me) have a certain level of fear regarding new things.

One note that came to mind was: Once you have learned....you can help others by teaching.

The easiest habit for me was #2 - Accept responsibility for your learning.
This shows that you are doing your part to help the process and not waiting for someone else to do everything for you.

The hardest habit for me was #7 - Use technology to your advantage.
This is a good habit definitely, it's just conquering the knowledge of the technology that can be difficult.

1 comment:

SusanK said...

Technology is tough isn't it Terri? When I work with our younger staff I am so impressed by their computer savvy. But I think it has so much to do with the fact that it has been a part of their early education and we come to it much later. I have told my son that I often feel like I have walked into the middle of conversation and am trying to pick up the strands of meaning.