Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Week 9, Thing 23

This is the final assignment and post for the 23Things. I think the best way to handle this without writing too much is to simply answer the 6 sample questions in the discovery exercise.
1. My favorite discoveries were Flickr, Delicious, and Zoho. These are "things" that I was not aware of and will use these the most.
2. This program has affected my lifelong learning goals by reaffirming the goal of taking responsiblity for my own learning. Even though this program was technical and somewhat fearful....I still had to be responsible to at least try. It is easier to take the challenges in small steps.
3. An unexpected surprise from the program was the ability to stay on track and actually take in this new knowledge. It was easier than I thought it would be.
4. The only thing I can recommend for this program is to slow it down a bit. This would allow more time for the participants to take in the information and retain it without rushing.
5. I would definitely take another discovery program like this one.
6. I would describe this learning experience by saying that it gave the participants an overview of some of the latest technology available, along with hands on experience. This will enable me to be more knowledgeable on the Reference Desk while working with patrons. I will be able to recommend some of this technology, and now be able to discuss it.

1 comment:

James said...

hey t, congrats on completing the 23 things!!! i'm glad you found a few tools that you can carry with you (flickr, del.icio.us and zoho).

it has been a pleasure reading your posts. i could tell you were a little hesitant when you first started, but you kept working at it and your confidence really grew. glad you powered through and kept working. you have a lot to be proud of here.

congratulations again on finishing your 23 things!!!